View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: I\'m never gonna graduate college.

I had a mantra back when I was a lazy, unmotivated undergrad. Basically, no matter how unprepared I was, or how little I attended class, I would always repeat in my head over and over that I would get a B. It calmed me down and funny enough it usually worked. I guess I can really pile on the boolsheet when I my ass is against the wall.

Honestly though, I went through the same thing in school around the middle of my junior year. I switched majors, and decided to take only 2-3 classes a semester. I caught a shitstorm from my mother, as my decision meant an extra year of school, so I told her I would pay for school from that moment on. I applied for more financial aid and bumped up my hours at work, plus worked a ton in the summers.

This worked out well, I took 2-3 classes a semester, and worked to pay the bills. Best thing I could of done as it taught me to live without others paying the bills and I learned to value my classes even though I still was a chronic procrastinator and not the most studious guy.

You have 12 credits left. Do what you need to do to finish. I think youll find that dropping out now is not the best choice. Maybe you can make-up the Philosophy class and take it in the summer?