View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

[ QUOTE ]

It is akin to standing in line at McDonalds and after making your purchase being handed a coupon good for a free bag of fries if you are willing to show up at another time and place of their choosing and participate in a random drawing between X number of other customers. Now when you arrive at the drawing they have added 3 customers to the drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this is EXACTLY the same thing. A portion of the proceeds from your last purchase of fries was used to help fund the prizes they are giving out now....they've added 3 people to the list that didn't buy anything, thus giving them an equal shot at winning the prizes you are going for....how is that not different from what is going on now? Please enlighten me because i'm genuinely curious. Yeah it sucks because they could win and I couldn't even though I earned the right to be there and they didn't...but if i'm not a ticketholder I don't really give a rats, and if I might be a ticketholder next year and it means more money for me then i'm ok with it...yeah the current year ticketholders got screwed, but oh well, sucks to be them.