View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: I\'m never gonna graduate college.

The best thing you could do is drop out and go to a technical college and learn a skill in a one or two year program. This route will be a lot easier to motivate you toward going to class since you won't be required to take a bunch of general classes. Go out into the work force for a few years and make a little bit of money. Get a savings, then go back to college and finish your degree.

You are young and have all the time in the world. There is no need to rush into your final career decision right away. You can always go back to college.

On a side note, have you ever thought about seeing a doctor for Adult ADD? Many people with ADD have the exact same experiences in college. I happen to be one of them. I ended up dropping out because I couldn't motivate myself to go to class. I turned to poker for a short term job and I plan on going back to college down the road. After I was diagnosed with ADD and got on proper medication, everything started to click. It was like a weight was taken off my back. I'm 26 now and think I will continue to play poker for another 3-4 years before I go back. I bet you are younger than me so you have even more time than I do to experience the world and grow up a little before returning to school.