View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:39 AM

Default Re: QQ versus a 3-bet cold-caller

First off, I'd like to put my vote in for a flop three bet. Now about what you said.

[ QUOTE ]

FLOP - He could very well have an overpair also, but 3-betting him now will probably not get it headsup. I figured that I will call now and bet into him on the turn in hopes he raises out the chasers. If he's only flushing, this could also prevent a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say there's some chance of him capping it if you 3-bet and he does have an overpair. This could have the desirable effect of getting overcards to fold, which is very good because no one wants to see an Ace of King come off. This is a small chance though I think (unless you are beat), so the real value is in immediate equity and the small possibility of it working out like mentioned above.

If you lead into him on the turn again it really helps to define your hand as an overpair. I'd read you as a slightly lower one (TT or JJ maybe), because of your lack of a flop cap. Either way he is going to be hard pressed to raise again without a hand that doesn't beat you, and you will end up not charging the draws as much as you could have.

Lastly, if he is on the flush then bet and raise away at him.