View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Which Martial Art

K Im gonna semi bump this, as I was gone for all this lovely and heartwarming discussion.

As far as ninjitsu, to the guy who disputed my claims that I took it based upon what I told him, all I can remember from the class is alot of trips and grabs, using my opponests weight against him. It could be I had a bad instructor, but there that is.

As far as whether or not I want to fight, absolutely. Not that I think I'll ever need it, but in bars, it seems like every lil guy with a napoleon complex wants to pick a fight with the tall guy, and Im sick of being slow.

Im going to be in/near Austin, TX by Jan. of this upcoming year, and this is when I want to start. I like certain aspects of Tai Chi, being the spiritual side of it all, but I dont want to just do that, because most of the time it seems it's being taught for health.

Kung Fu: haha, I would love to learn a style of Kung Fu, but I think this would be the hardest to find a competant teacher in, because kung fu just sounds cool. Also, I wouldnt know where to start as far as style.

Last but not least, I really am not interested in grappling styles. As a big dude, I prefer to stay on my feet.

Thanks again for the good advice so far, and what I hope will be more. And DieBitter... great advice... Ive been "waxing the car" for hours now.

..that sounded wrong [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]