Thread: Euthanasia
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: Euthanasia

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Almost 19. Why does this matter? just curious or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, just curious. I applaud your foray into objective thinking. I find it a nice hobby in my life and appreciate it when others have the same skill. God bless TwoPlusTwo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm sure now you will hate me becuase I think that except in the most extreme cases it is morally wrong, just as suicide is, imo. I don't like being lumped into any of the groups you made, because they all have a problem with them.
First of all, I'm not a secularist, which takes down the first two. Also, I despise the fact that large numbers of civilians are killed, unlike some (not all) conservatives I know who flippantly say "well that happens in combat." To blatantly disregard an innocent human life because they are 'in the way', well, that don't sit well with me. I can take it, but I won't be happy with it. But the majority of conservatives, religious or not, don't sit well with it either, just as most democrats don't.
I suppose I could be considered a Christian Libertarian according to your view, but I like to defend laws saying it is illegal, not that it is a person's right to do it.