View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 03:47 AM

Default QQ versus a 3-bet cold-caller

I figure that I was probably going to showdown the minute I saw the flop, so my thoughts will follow. This is a new game at the 20/40 Commerce. Full table, second orbit, so the reads are not very clear. UTG limps, EP raises, folds to me in MP with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I 3-bet. Player immediately to my left (Cold-caller - CC) rechecks his cards and pauses a bit and then cold-calls three bets. </font> BB calls two cold as do others. Five to the flop for 15 small bets.

FLOP: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet. CC raises. Two cold-callers, one fold. I call. Four to the turn for 11.5 big bets.

TURN: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet. CC pauses a bit and calls, UTG folds, EP calls. Three to the river for 14.5 big bets.

RIVER: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet. CC calls, EP folds.

My thoughts:
PF - Although CC played an aggressive game, I didn't notice anything too laggy, so his cold-call concerned me.
FLOP - He could very well have an overpair also, but 3-betting him now will probably not get it headsup. I figured that I will call now and bet into him on the turn in hopes he raises out the chasers. If he's only flushing, this could also prevent a free card.
TURN - He doesn't like my bet and only calls. Not much I can do but bet again.
RIVER - I hoped to see JJ.