View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I push reraised and both blinds folded. UTG had Q9s and Ace
high was the best hand.

I respectfully disagree that this an automatic fold. At this
level of play I truely believed that there was a high likelyhood that UTG was making a move. I know if I were him
I would be pushing with plenty of suboptimal hands. A friend of mine watching my play thought I had lost my mind, but I feel like my play was very reasonable.

I may also be slightly biased from previous tournaments. I
open pushed on the bubble in a big live MTT at the Commerce
with 28 players left and 27 being played and I was put all
in and eliminated by AT.

I did, by the way, win the event. I felt at the time that
this was going to be the key hand for me. I was relatively
shortstacked and I needed to double up and this, although risky, seemed liked an opportunity for me to get chips where
I might very well be the favorite.

Perhaps I'm results oriented, but better lucky maybe, than good.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you know utg to be a horrible horrible player (which he ends up being), this is not a call. Your call is quite bad, his push is horrendous.

EDIT: Okay, I look like a jackass, but I'm actually going to leave my original reply in there and follow it up by saying it is quite wrong. With reasonable ranges this guys UTG push is actually +EV... ? Surprised the hell out of me. Obviously. So if this guy is pushing a fair amount (and it does have to be a pretty decent-sized range, but not crazy), this can actually become a call. Wow. Very surprised, and I think alot of people will be too.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you run this through SNGPT it really depends a lot on what UTG's range is. At 22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs - calling becomes positive 0.7%.

The other thing you have to be concerned about if you push is what if the one of the blinds wakes up with a hand?

UTG probably figured with the table so tight he might get some respect pushing from that position. Also with the blinds going up he felt like he needed to move sooner rather than later.

NH & GG