Thread: Too Many 4th's
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Too Many 4th\'s

Hi jhkues,

I can see that you are new here, welcome to the forums. I'm pretty new myself, been studying a few months but got a long ways to go. As you can see by everybody else's reply so far, KQ suited isn't enough to call a preflop raise in most cases, let alone a push.

I'm going out on a limb here and thinking that maybe you haven't been playing poker too long, or at least haven't been studying it real hard for too long. While coming here for help is definitely the right idea, I'd recommend reading a couple books first:

Harrington on Hold'em -- Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments; Volume 1: Strategic Play, and
Harrington on Hold'em -- Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments; Volume 2: The Endgame, both by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie.

Read them cover to cover, and take the time to work through all the problems. This will help get you up to the level where you can really start using the 2+2 forums to maximum benefit. You'll be able to answer for yourself questions like the one you posted fairly easily. And it'll definitely help cut back on the snarky replies! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Best of luck,
Baz