View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: What is Our Line?

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is SB could see my raise on the flop as making it less likely I have an ace and could make a play on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's exactly how he's going to see it, which is the whole point. You're saying you don't have one. If he has one, wouldn't he be just as less likely to 3 bet as you were to raise? So he'll likely call with an A and either donk the turn or go for c/r. I'm guessing he'd donk with an A so as not to miss a bet.

[ QUOTE ]
What's your plan if he reraises and EP drops, then he leads the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give him less credit for an A if he 3 bets, but more likely give him KK-QQ. He did 3 bet pre-flop from the SB. I don't think he'd 3 bet into you and the EP out of position with less than QQ. Calling and putting pressure on him to fire another bullet on the turn with 99-TT, knowing you'd rather raise the turn than cap the flop with an A, is probably the play.

[ QUOTE ]
What's your plan if he calls my raise and then leads out on the turn in the event of a brick (a likely, uncomfortable scenario)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely scenario in how I think he'd play an A and I'd feel the most comfortable folding.

So I think the best play is to raise the flop and hope it's checked to me on the turn, in which case I'd seriously wonder if a worse hand pays me off. Checking behind and giving a free card to a 2 outer might then get you paid off by a worse hand. Tough spot. Good post.