View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 09:41 PM

Default 6-max question in a small pot

Short-handed 6-max game. No reads on villians except they play way to many hands (vpips of 40-50 on everyone at the table). Postflop aggression is nothing out of hte ordinary, but not extremely passive either. I don't have their exact vpip/pfr/af stats offhand, sorry!

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Villians are capable of folding the flop when they whiff, I bet in an attempt to pick up the pot with the intent of folding to a raise and c/f on the turn UI. Assuming both miss the flop 2/3 of the time (and fold when they miss) I see pickin gup this pot 4/9 ~44% of the time? Since I am getting 3:1 on my bluff, this is an okay move right? Maybe my initial "2/3" estimate was too high though ...

Turn: (2.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

On the turn - okay I picked up a flush draw, villian might be just calling with an overcard(s) and fold now that he's getting 3.5:1 odds instead of 4:1 with only 1 card to come? (yea right). Maybe this is spewing, villian might check behind with his overcards. I just felt like checking would induce overcards to bet and I wouldn't have odds to call the draw. The increased expectation from posibility of villian folding seemed to make up for the slight lack of odds to draw my flush, so I fired one more. Thinking over this again, I am betting 1 to win 2.5, so this doesn't seem like too profitable of a play ...

River: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero ... ?

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

Should I swing once more at this pot? Villian might be hard-pressed to just call with overcards since I bet every street and if he was on a medium flush draw unpaired he would likely fold. I doubt a 10 is folding here ...