View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Not another stats post!

[ QUOTE ]

Its not so much the stats post that I dislike, its more or less the lack of useful advice that comes from them. When someone posts a hand, there are lessons to be learned somewhere by analyzing the play. By looking at stats you can't get any useful advice b/c everyone plays different. Responses like "call the river more" or "your wdsd is too high" don't tell enough of the story b/c we don't know how you play. Its easy to say your stats don't fit and to change them but that won't make you a better poker player. Stats only tell part of the story of you as a poker player. By posting your stats, I doubt you'll learn anyhting really useful that will dramatically change your game. I'm not trying to be a a$$hole about it, just trying to help.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I always thought everyone hated stats posts is because of how easy it is to just look up the "standard" numbers by yourself. Just search for old stats posts, and see where you are different form them and what people said about said person's stats. Also, I think there was a post a while back that went through a good range for each catagory, etc.

Not trying to rip on OP, I dont really have a problem with stats posts.