View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Live Main Event Super Satellites

I have a friend who's theory on Supers is very debateable but it works for him. At the WSOP there are Supers that are $200 + $30 with unlimited rebuys until the break at 90 min. The rounds are 5/10, 10/20, 15/30. After the break it becomes 25/50 and the rounds are 20 minutes. It takes about four hours (irregardless of the field size) to award however many $10K seats.

He prefers to show up right before the break and buyin for a $200 and does not rebuy. Because everyone else has probably done multiple rebuys and will do add ons at the break, he'll be trying to double up and play with their money. Of course, you have to win your first two or three coinflips and then you can throttle back a bit.

If you bust out shortly, which happens more often than not, you end up investing minimal money and minimal time.

Does it work? I saw him win two $10,000 seats in three days just before the Main Event. He claims he always wins multiple seats at the WSOP this way. I don't have a reason to doubt him.

Because the Supers are essentially races because of limited chips and increasing blinds, I don't discount this way of attacking it. I played in some Supers this past year with WSOP ME winners, bracelet winners, etc. I was a little shocked to see such "slumming" but, as my friend put it, some players see this as a +EV situation.

The WSOP main event is different since there are 40 + days of Supers with two Supers per day. If you have a limited number of attempts, then this wouldn't be the way to play. But for limited bankrolls, it is worth considering.