View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: IP offer - misleading?

Steve,
In response to your inquiry and others. The "Poker Pigskin Challenge" is a no limit Texas Hold 'em tournament held that weekend. It is the week before the Super Bowl and nowhere do we state that it is in conjunction with the Super Bowl. It is merely the theme for the tournament. We felt that people would be fired up during the NFL playoffs and wanted to incorporate football into the tournament.
We have worked very hard to make it one of the most player-friendly tournaments at its buy-in level. Feedback from players that played in our previous tournaments have taught us that players want more chips to start out, longer blind levels, and a slower blind structure.
We are also the only tournament that gives you the option of tipping the dealers. From the feedback at the WSOP (which I participated in as well), I felt much negativity towards the mandatory tipping policy. Obviously, I want to take care of my employees as well. The optional policy does give an out to those who strongly disagree with tipping dealers as part of the tournament buy-in. I realize it does put you at a chip disadvantage to other players, but it offered what I felt was the best and fairest solution.
Please feel free to contact me at poker@imperialpalace.com should you have any further questions regarding this tournament.