View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

[ QUOTE ]

If the three added players had been women I would feel this way, since they were all men I have no problem with it.

Now that you have your feminine feathers ruffled I'll give you a real answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe .. NO feathers ruffled here, great response! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As for the Aces Cracked anology .. think of it this way.

With 3 extra players in the event, who otherwise wouldn't be there, this means that the seat you had drawn, would of been different, you most likely would NOT of gotten the aces, let alone get them cracked, simply because you wouldn't of been seated in the same place you were, with 3 extra players.

In other words, the whole dynamic is changed for the whole (final) tournament that you qualified into.

Think of it this way....

I don't know if ANY of this was put into writing or not, and put out there during the circuit events or not.

However, if it was ... rut roo ... can we say 'false advertising'??

Someone who got sour grapes at not making it into the money for this tournament, could if they wanted to (since the US is a lawsuit happy nation), file a class action suit against TPTB of this tournament, and just might win it.

This is because they ADVERTISED that the top 20 from the aforementioned circuit events, and those top 20 alone, would qualify into the big tournament later.

Harrah's in effect, used this promise to the players, as a way to get them in and to play in the circuit events.

Now, I don't know if it applies to poker, but there ARE laws in most states, that forbid 'bait and switch' tactics to get people to 'buy' something, then once they get there, switch them to something else, by saying what first brought them in there, is no longer available, and that they have to accept a substitute intead.

In many ways, this is like a 'Bait and Switch' here if you really thought about it.