Thread: rolled up
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: rolled up

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have raised the BI?

[/ QUOTE ]
I play much lower limits, where I would raise the bring-in about 100% of the time. This time though, I wouldn't do it. You have the highest non-duplicated upcard, and you'd LOVE for the K to pop it behind you. If he does have split kings, he's way behind with little hope of improving. If he doesn't, you'd love for him to keep firing at you.

Of course, the K folded. But at least the Seat 8 did you a favor. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
After seat 8 raises and seat 2 calls, should I have re-raised?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably close, but I wouldn't limp-reraise in this situation unless you know that both players will call. Not knowing that, I like calling. It looks like you have at least one opponent with a good hand, and the pot's soon going to be big enough that they'll be tied to the pot. I wouldn't raise on 4th either unless you get a card that looks like it helps a draw that you might have (in that case, go for a check raise since it might look like a free card play).

I also suspect you have some room to get raises in later without giving away your hand. Give them a chance to make two pair or smaller trips!