View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

[ QUOTE ]
Greg's remark was quite good, except I'd equate it as more than $500 as most hopefully won't think Hellmuth, Chan, and Brunson are equal in ability to the other qualifiers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I suppose that if Greg said that when his aces get cracked in a tournament by a donk playing any two cards blind it is like taking money from his wallet in this one time event? It is no different than him saying that and I can't imagoine you would agree with him then. Greg has used a poor analogy. Now if he had offered you a chance at pulling an envelope from his pocket that contained one million dollars or less in the same increments as will be paid out during the TOC after he had taken your $500 then it would have been much more accurate.

My McDonalds example is exactly the same thing, wht is not the same thing is your shirt or CD examples. Why you cannot understand the Difference I wll never understand.

[ QUOTE ]
I consider this as much of an offset as saying to someone that you shot in the leg that you could've shot them in the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

More misdirection from someone who doesn't understand utility or equity. If you must use a physical attack it is much closer to me cutting your hair too short and doing it for free not shooting you in the leg. In three days your hair will grow back and a week later you will still need another trim.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that it's not surprising doesn't mean it doesn't warrant outrage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I somewhat agree with you here except the only people who have any right at all are the players who qualified for the TOC. Not any other player nor spectator with no financial interest in the outcome of the event.