View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:08 PM

Default did i play the hand right????????

ok, im playing on a $0.10/$0.20, 10 seater table. all seats are full.

i have an a 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in a late position. four other players have called, no one has raised. i call aswell, so does the Sb and BB.

the flop is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the first player bets $0.20, everyone else calls, so do i. i could of raised, but feared an over-pair. the turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] once again the first player bets $0.20 and everyone else calls. the river shows J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] once again, the first player bets $0.20, everyone else calls. therefore i raise $1.40. everyone folds except one player in position 6. he re-raises $5.20.

now this is where i'm stuck. i don't put him down for an over-pair or 10 10, 8 8, 3 3 or 2 2 otherwise he would of bet bigger sooner.(inless he is really, really slow playing!) he could of had a 9q suited which is the most logical answer, afterall no one raised early on to force him out. either way i feel my hand is pretty good, so i call. he shows a Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and wins loads with a straight.

my questions are this;
1. was i right to call upto the river, i'm unsure if the pot odds justified it but i think it did???

2. was i right to call his re-raise?

in truth, i feel like he got lucky, but i realise his luck.....is my bad play.

HELP?????