View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:05 PM

Default 200 player NL tournament - Advise

Hello all,

I recently played in a 200 person NL tournament at the RiverRock in Richmond BC and busted out in 12th spot. Top 10 won a $2,500 buy-in into the BC Poker Championships (11th place got their money back I think).

We were down to two tables of 6 in hand-for-hand mode. Blinds were 3,000 / 6,000. I was UTG with approx. 30,000.

I may have been short-stack but there were another 2 guys at the table with about the same amount of chips as me. Play had become farily tight.

I am dealt KQo UTG and go all-in thinking I am representing quite a bit of strength with this play and that I can not afford to sit around hoping to fold into a position (the other table seemed to have more chips, perhaps 20% more on average).

Everyone folds to the BB who thinks for a while a calls with J9s. He has me covered by a few thousand chips. He flops a straight and I go home in 12th position.

Should I have folded pre-flop? This is the 2nd time I have gotten deep into this tournament and screwed it up a few positions out of the money.

Thanks in advance for your feedback