View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 03:45 PM

Default $11 Bubble Call (Flush draw, overcards, gutshot draw)

Hey everyone,

First, I just want to say how helpful you guys have been in my past posts and how helpful it is to read through other posts. This is a great place for a beginner.

Couple questions on this hand:
(PS $11), on the bubble, 75/150 blinds, BB.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB (t1325)
Hero (t3580)
UTG (t5935)
Button (t2660)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t450) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1175</font>, Hero calls t875.

This one was a tricky situation... I have a flush draw, gutshot straight draw, and two overcards on the bubble (with a stack that could survive). Basically, I have two questions:

1) The flop bet. Is it worth leading out here three-handed? If so, how's the size of that bet?

2a) The call. After my flop bet, I'm getting 2.2:1 on the call. With the diamonds, the 8s, and Js and Ts, I have 18 outs (9 diamonds, 3 non-diamond eights, 3 Js, 3Ts), assuming that SB isn't also drawing.

2b) SB completed the blinds and checked the flop. Assuming he made a set, of course my Js and Ts are no longer outs, leaving me still with 12, again assuming SB isn't drawing similarly (to a higher flush).

How do you all evaluate this play?

Any comments welcomes as always...thanks again.