View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: turns NF, river heart kills action

[ QUOTE ]
Turn - I realize now that I should have bet more here, but I was afraid of scaring villian off. Go 2/3 pot or so? After his raise, should I have 3-bet there??

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it yourself. You didn't bet enough on the turn.

He called you on the flop. If he has a weak pair, a bad king, or a straight draw, you're not going to win a big pot anyway.

However, if he has two pair, Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] +pair (really would have to be KQ), a set, or low flush, he will play a big pot. or atleast call, and see a riv.

So... I bet 24.

Given he minraised, you jsut have to hope he has a small flush or so, or maybe a weird semibluff (such as the Kx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) get some money in. If a 4th heart or board pairing it could be tough to get money (or win the hand!)

You semibluffed the flop, technically (until you 3bet) your hand is disguised, I'd make it 65 when it comes back to me. (once he minraises)

if you bet more, you make him commit more to the pot, meaning you dont need to necessarily 3bet.

River, cant do much else, maybe be t small to allow a small flush to call and 2nd nuts to raise.