View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

[ QUOTE ]
I chose to reply to you since your position here seems to be both the most ardent and unreasonable (although a man I respect very much was a close 2nd with his taking $500 from your wallet remark).

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg's remark was quite good, except I'd equate it as more than $500 as most hopefully won't think Hellmuth, Chan, and Brunson are equal in ability to the other qualifiers.

[ QUOTE ]

It is akin to standing in line at McDonalds and after making your purchase being handed a coupon good for a free bag of fries if you are willing to show up at another time and place of their choosing and participate in a random drawing between X number of other customers. Now when you arrive at the drawing they have added 3 customers to the drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the same thing.

[ QUOTE ]

You still have an opportunity to win all the same prizes your were initially offered after being awarded said coupon. Granted your odds of winning are lowered slightly but this is more than offset by the fact that they will now be able to have many more of these freebie giveaways in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider this as much of an offset as saying to someone that you shot in the leg that you could've shot them in the head.

[ QUOTE ]

You really should expect things to change and not be either outraged nor surprised when they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that it's not surprising doesn't mean it doesn't warrant outrage.

Injustice is injustice, even if expected.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com