View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: When you don\'t want overcalls.

This is an interesting hand. I really think you're beating the SB most of the time here--it seems like a pocket pair would at least bet the river if not bet somewhere before that. At party I have a feeling your raise would draw a ton of suspicion. It makes sense because if you really want to win more bets you're more likely to do it by just calling. So I think you will probably get called a good percentage of the time here by SB out of the time the SB has a better hand.

I've never played on PokerStars so the atmosphere might be totally different, but as you know at partypoker (esp at 5/10 and up imo) the atmosphere reeks of distrust. I would probably just call the river and hope this isn't one of those times the SB does have a PP (and also hope this isn't one of the times CO has a PP).

To use a more mathematical perspective, you're getting about 7.5-1 on this raise. But you need a threeway parlay (I think that's the word)--you need CO to have aworse hand than yours, you need SB to have a better hand than yours and you need SB to fold that hand. Maybe you have CO beat 75% of the time, SB has a better hand than yours 33% of the time and will fold that hand 75% of the time. So .75*.33*.75 = ~0.19. And you need 1/8.5, or 0.12 for the play to be breakeven. But those numbers are just shots in the dark so who knows.

I would have bet the turn, would definitely be interested in hearing your analysis of why you didn't.