View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: AA, What do you think about this

[ QUOTE ]
If you always 3bet/4bet with AA (or KK, etc.) then opponents will know you do not have them when you call, which can be dangerous. At 3/6 there are enough thinking players at a given table that if you remain for an appreciable amount of time, you will need to be concerned with the information you provide (especially when players record and spread data about players).

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an overemphasised area that I see all the time, and so I thought I comment on it. Even with PT, there are not very many "mix up your play" situations that happen often enough to worry about it online. Maybe if you play every single day with the same people, they'll pick up on these tendencies but for many traits you'd need 10s of thousands of hands against that opponent to notice a trait.

For instance, capping in the blinds with AA. You will get AA in the blinds about once every 500 hands. I don't have PT handy to check this out, but I'd conservatively guess that you get the chance to cap with your AA maybe once every 20 times that you have it. So you get the chance to cap AA in the blinds once every 10,000 hands or so. I don't think you have to worry about someone at 3/6 recognizing a pattern here.

[ QUOTE ]
It becomes harder to give your opponents the wrong odds to draw after inflating the PF pot (straight out of HEPAP), which is not worth the extra 2 SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's anywhere where HEPAP says that the inflated pot isn't worth 2 extra sbs. There can be an argument made for not capping in order to disguise your hand, but not capping in order to manipulate pot odds is clearly incorrect in this situation.