View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Looking forward to seeing this hand tonight *SPOILER*

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like ESPN edited so that Tiffany plays ACE-anything, or does she? Looks like blinds were 30-60K w/ 10K ante so her M was still about 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure ESPN did edit, or rather ONLY show those types of hands for Tiff. However, even if they didn't do that, well, the AAWD (Any Ace Will Do) Syndrome is COMMON to newer players, even ones who have played for a few years.

Jennfier Tilly's fav hand now, is Ace/7 O/S because she decimated the field with it in the Ladies WSOP event.

Just watch the WPT Ladies Night III event the next time it comes on the Travel channel, and you'll see what I mean.

Jennifer must of played 60 to 70 percent of the hands played (they showed half way through the statistic for her that she'd at that time, played over 50 percent of the time that hands were dealt to her).

So, it's a common mistake that newbies make, especially if they feel that they are getting pushed around, by more experienced players.

Now, the hand that I am hoping to see, is 'the gum incident' that Mike Paule (from Poker Pages) told about in his blog at the time.

I can't find the link right now, but if I do, I'll post it.

It's quite humorous, and show's Tiff's sense of humor (as it was laugh out loud funny), when she threw into the pot, a pack of her gum ... to sweeten the deal, so to speak.