View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Can you raise this river?

I wouldn't raise pre-flop. You're trying to isolate the fish but there's so many people behind you and the BB will probably call 1 more bet. You're probably gonna get called by atleast 1 more person behind you. Now you're OOP.

What happens if the flop has overcards? I've been in this situation and it's sick.

I would bet the flop with my 88 on a KJ4 board and get called. I feel uncomfortable from that point. This happens all the time. And if I check the flop then someone will bet for sure. What do you do then?

I would call with 88 if you know the table is really loose. If the button decides to raise with a couple people already in then I wouldn't feel so bad. You get crazy action with your set if you hit it. People will want that big pot so they'll stick around for the turn.

I would put UTG on 2 pair by the way the hand was played. He stuck around on the flop then the king came to give him 2 pair.

Not enough info to know if he's the type of player that would limp in with 96s or 64s. To most people even maniacs they will fold 64 offsuit UTG. It is a piece of trash to even lunatics.

I would hate to know I missed out on the opportunity to extract 2 more big bets from the villain in this hand.

edit: You can definetely rule out KK. A player that decides to limp with KK will definetely cap preflop after seeing so many people joining for 3 small bets.