View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: AQo - I\'m a newb.

[ QUOTE ]

My hand is a big favorite vs the blinds though. I'd be making some money from them when they call, and I'd be able to play more conservatively postflop (choosing my flops) with a nice overlay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure you make much from the blinds here even in the cases where they play badly. Even the poor players at the $5/10 don't have much trouble laying down to A- or Q-high flops when it's raised preflop. If you've brought in one or two more players to the flop you are going to be wanting to hit, and when you do they will escape quickly, so I don't think you make that much postflop from them.

On the other hand, if they're really bad they might cold-call a 3-bet with Ax and pay you off the whole way which would be lovely.

On the whole I think letting the blinds in cheaply here is a mistake since you already have a hand that you're not clear how to play vs the original raiser; having a third player in there and not having the initiative just makes it muddier post-flop IMO. BB checks, raiser bets... where are you? Trapped is where.

For what it's worth, I happily fold AJo in this kind of situation, and of course three-bet AKo. AQo gives me the same dilemma. Eager for more thoughts on this!

Guy.