View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 05:33 AM

Default progress after 2 weeks... still a long way to go... help?

A couple of weeks ago, i made this post, basicly introducing myself to the MTT board and asking for some noobish advice. I knew just about dick about tournament strategy. Since then, I've played a few dozen tournaments, and have had some pretty good (though, i'm sure, statisticly insignifigant) results: I've been sticking to $20 and $30s, almost exclusivly NLHE. I feel that i will learn the basics faster by focusing on one game.

In about 30 tournaments entered, i've cashed in 8 with buy-ins of $20 or more: a 2nd out of 180, a half dozen small cashes, and, today, finished 9th out of 550 in a stars $20... so far, i'm in the black by about 20 buy-ins... an encouraging start.

There are, however, a few things that i'm just now starting to realize i know little or nothing about, and i'm sure, some things that i haven't even considered yet.

...and that's what i'm after here: The stuff that i should be considering as i continue my tournamnet education. I'd really appreciate it if some more seasoned posters would share their experience, especially the things i may not think about or realize on my own...

so, i guess the question is:

As a progressing player that has learned the fundamentals of tournament NL play, what is now most important to focus on? that is, what will help me learn quickly and improve my bottom line?

also, is there a standard method for evaluating my progress, like a spreadsheet, program (other than PT, which i have), or something like that?

thanks for the help, guys!