View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Is Nothing Possible?

You said "I question whether nothing is even possible and this is why I'm agnostic and recognize the possibility of a creator or even an omnipotent God. I just cannot imagine the reality of NOTHING, because even the reality of nothing is something!"

You say that you cannot imagine the reality of nothing. The implication I took was that our not being able to conceive of nothing has a bearing on whether or not it is possible for nothing to exist (otherwise I'm not sure what the point would be). So let's grant that it is impossible for us to conceive of nothing--why does this limitation have any bearing on the question of whether or not it is possible for nothing to exist?

You also say the reason why you are agnostic is because you don't know whether it is possible for there to be nothing. So, suppose it is in fact impossible for there to be nothing--that it is a necessary truth that something must exist. I ask--why does this fact have any bearing on the possibility that god exists, i.e., why should one be agnostic in light of this fact?