View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 12:34 AM

Default This metagame talk is silly

In the party games it only takes a a coupe out of line plays to gain all the metagame effects. I am far from an overaggressive player and I would say basically no one ever folds. I would not get any more benefit by three betting the turn when I am drawing dead. I regularly get called down by 99 on a AJ2xx board after I cap preflop. What more can I ask for?

Derb is not winning becasue he gets all this value that others do not. NO ONE FOLDS on Party.

I have personally played about 10k hands with him and I find him to be an OK player. My guess is that he is a small winner who has run rather well (I have him as a significant loser since the first thread). I actually do think he plays his hands as if he could see others hole cards though. If you had such ability, you would be sure to make a lot of totally dumb plays when way behind in order to 'prove' you weren't a cheat. His EV would be so high (8BB/100?) that he could spew very frequently and it wouldnt matter. All that said, I do not put a lot of weight on the cheat theory.

Additionally, my experience at the tables with him leads me to think that he is an OK players who is lucky. He sucks out a ton. I have not noticed that he wins an unusual number of pots uncontested. I have not noticed that people give him unwarrented action either.

He plays most every day, just go watch him. I think you will decide that there is no secret sauce there that enables him to have a 3BB earn.

These threads are starting to be like an urban myth. His play is readily observable, go watch...