View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Hold\'em roll-out simulators?

Greetings -

I was wondering if there's any good Hold'em calculators out there, either as freeware, open source, or for purchase. Best I managed to find was the calculator tool in ddpoker, although the demo is pretty limited and I'd prefer something fast enough to do exact simulations rather than partial.

I ended up writing a simple one for a windows command line that can do most of what I want, but I'm wondering if I'm just re-inventing the wheel. If not, maybe I'll put mine up on the web for folks to play with. At the moment it's able to do up to 10 hands with common and mucked cards specified, will give breakdowns of which types of hands you'll make using either 0, 1 or 2 cards from you hand and can do a complete roll-out with one random hand in less than 10 minutes on an Athlon64 3200+.

If you do a random hand it's kind of a beast for memory, since I pre-calculate and store the best 5 card hands for all 133M+ 7 card hands (it uses roughly 700MB of memory on my machine while running). If there's no random cards it only uses about 50MB and usually finishes in around 15s or less. I know the command line would probably drive most folks off, but I'm still curious about whether folks would find it useful.