View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: A few questions because I hate this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not thrilled about the PF cap, but even worse in my opinion is the check/call on the flop IMHO. I may try the c/r to get a free card on the turn if I go unimproved. As the turn came down, I have no problem letting go of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cap preflop for two reasons:
1) I want UTG and UTG+1 to fold and alot of people are folding when it's 2 back to them.

2) I probably have the best or second best (with A and K outs) hand right now and there's likely alot of dead money in the pot so why not let them pad it?

As for the flop check/call what can I do? If I raise the field is getting 8.5:1 plus alot of implied odds considering preflop action. How can I possibly fold with a pot this big? Also how likely do you think I am to get a free card on the turn being the first to act against a large field? I can see getting away from this on the turn but it's still a large pot and I haven't seen anyone able to break down the odds.

Perhaps breaking down the odds on the turn is too complicated to be done simply. If it were to assume a HU situation it would be easier to calculate the odds that I'm up against AK, TT-QQ,KK, or AA and the pot odds needed to continue. The fact that this is multi-way against opponents likely to be holding (because of the preflop cap)pocket pairs, Ace high, King high, or overcards to the flop makes this calculation highly speculative depending on what you percentage you assume your opponents hold one or more of you outs. Perhaps I ask a question that has no good answer.