View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: How Does Derb Play?

I don't know why I'm bothering to get involved in the DERB ego-strokefest again, but this guy just isn't all that good, and the people making him out to be the leader of a new LAGgy strategy that works wonders against 2p2'ers have no idea what they're talking about.
The extent to which I own that guy when I have him to my right is embarassing. He basically has what might be considered solid shorthanded stats, but at a full table: around 32/17. And he loves to pump his draws post-flop. There you have it. Incredible strategy. What a pioneer.
For the record, he's not even a winner in my DB (over a paltry 5,000 hands though) -- but there are plenty of other 30 players who have similar stats who are big winners in my modest DB. i_dont_chop comes to mind. Aggravating to play against does not equal good. This mass hysteria is nothing more than an accentuated example of the availability heuristic: 2p2'ers look for any and all evidence they can find that might mesh with the hysterical threads they've read on 2p2 about this guy's paranormal abilities -- sit with him long enough and one of his overplayed draws will come in and leave you scratching your head about how he could have known it was coming.