View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Word association...

[ QUOTE ]
ooh...apparently folding 44 HU is weak (reading other posts). I guess that means I dont like the myriad of overcards I will surely see....Im such a tighty....I suppose a visit to 6max should fix my "disease"....hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Good responses so far guys. I wasn't necessarily looking for "raise" fold", etc. but what comes to you mind.

For instance when I get like KT off in the BB and UTG raises and 3 people cold call I'll call and immediately think "look for Jack, queen. I basically try to identify what the best flop for me would be and look for it. This is pretty obvious but I literally will say what I want to see that would give me OESD. If I hit my K or T, I'm not interested much in playing this multiway.

As far as you say you are tight with 44. I agree. I think a 3-bet here is optimal. I've been doing this in the BB with mid pairs. I'll 3-bet, and either bet, or raise the flop no matter what falls. Chances are only 1 paint card will fall and it's slim that they hold that card in their hand. They usually call and check the turn UI, and I bet and they fold. I pulled this move on a guy the other night and it felt so sweet.

EDIT: Of course as Sklansky would imply, it's dangerous to get involved in small pots with nominal hand but in this case you can still pick up a couple BB's if you are right. Plus it lets that guy know not to F with your blind anymore. I totally b*tchslapped this guy the other night with like 66 and he folded on the turn UI. He didn't attemt steal after that