View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: In right away or wait for the big blind

[ QUOTE ]
i play 6max, so the wait usually isnt long.. so i'll wait unless im really itching to play and the CO is open

[/ QUOTE ]

Posting in the Cut-Off or worse position in six max is more costly than in a full ring game (where its actually cheaper than posting in the blinds) particularly when you consider how close you always are to posting in the BB.

At six max when you post in the BB you see six hands for 1.5 small bets or .25 small bets per hand. If you post in the Co you see three hands before posting the BB again, so that's three hands for one small bet or .33 small bets per hand.

In a full ring game you if you post in the BB you pay 1.5 small bets for ten hands or .15 SB's per hand. Posting in the cutoff you get seven hands for your one SB or .14 SB's per hand so its actually cheaper to post there.

In short, I tend to wait for the BB in six max, I tend to post in later positions in full, even when its not actually saving me money, because I figure the oportunity cost of sitting out 5 or six hands is a greater hit than the tiny fraction of a small bet it costs me per hand to post early.

--Zetack