View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Please tell me, why do experienced players have \'Amnesia\'?

[ QUOTE ]
How do you know it was an experienced player? Most experienced players want to keep the game fun and light with a gambling air. Sounds like you ran into a WPT wannabee who probably had less experience than you.

What stakes were you playing? It seems at the lower levels 4/8 level, 1/2 NL this type of douche is commonplace. I'm glad you did not let it spoil your day.

That being said, the guy was obviously trying to get you on tilt. He was most likely afraid of you (why intimidate someone whose money can take, right?) and since you showed signs of getting upset he kept on it. Next time, just calmly ask for a table change if someone is pushing your buttons. The floor should be happy to accommodate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first off .. this happened a few years ago.

At the time however, I was VERY green, as remember, it was only my 2nd time out playing at a live face to face venue.

At that time, I didn't even know what a 'floor' was, let alone know how to call the Floor.

The Dealer, nor did anyone else at the table, call the floor on my behalf either (I guess they were having too much fun at my expense, or didn't feel it was their place or something, to say anything).

Yes, it was lower limits then .. it was either 2/4 or 3/6 ... I can't remember now, as like I mentioned above, it was a few years ago.

As for knowing it was an experienced player ... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] well anyone at that time was more experienced than I was back then. That aside though, I have seen players who've been playing for decades 'rip a new one' for some newbies mistake when they get sucked out or something.

Hence my original question on why players who've been playing for years, can't seem to remember what it was like when they first started to play.