View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Loose Omaha Limit Games

[ QUOTE ]
Would you play this type hand in LP, if you thought there was at least a 40% chance of someone raising behind you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely not. Like I said this is the kind of hand you want to see for one bet. If it was raised in front of me and there were 2 callers or more, I would take a flop. If I thought there was a %40 chance someone with position on me would raise the pot, I'd pass.

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I don't play AA in late position after 5 people have limped, unless I have 2 broadway cards, or another broadway pair to go with it. Even when I flop a set, I still lose the majority of the time, as you almost always have 3 opponents going to the River. And, if two players hit a str8 on the Turn, you would pay dearly to see the River. You would also pay dearly, if you flopped a set and 2 people had nice drawing hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I with you on this one. AA hands without good side cards only play well in short handed pots. The limit structure prevents this most of the time. If I had something like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] then I would be in there. It' not a great hand but the side cards work with the A's (the situation you gave)

I think you can still loosen up you starting hand selection. Like I said going too far with hands or being in the pot with hands that have no chance of winning is the downfall of most. You should be taking flops with some rundown or 1 gapers. Suited A with somethig to go with (pair, straight cards, etc.) Because people will go too far lets you get paid off when you flop huge with one of these hands.