View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Hobbes\'s Wife Would Make An Exception for Snoball138

[ QUOTE ]

You've gone from giving advice to preaching your own narrow view of morality. Its hard to for me to see why your views on this subject are valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, since this discussion makes you uncomfortable the best tactic is to accuse me of being "narrow." Of course only a tight-assed Jesus humper would ever think that deceiving a friend might be outside the bounds of proper personal ethics!

I must be one of those religious nuts trying to impose his views on others. You betcha.

It's really quite simple for me. If I sat down to play cards with a bunch of shady slimeballs who wouldn't hesitate to steal everything I owned, then I might feel justified in cheating them out of their money.

But if I sat down to play poker with a bunch of my friends, I would never think to break the agreed upon rules. They're my FRIENDS, see?

You're convinced that if this girl falls for your trap then it's justified because you'll be good for her. I say that's presumptuous nonsense. I may be convinced that a particular stock is a great investment, but I wouldn't steal a friend's money and invest it for his own good.

But, you know, that's just my own narrow view of morality. Gotta run now; there are heathens out there to convert. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]