View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:33 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Nice \"pat on the back\"

[ QUOTE ]
1. He told her, right away. Yet she asked again to probe for more information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, she's got a shot at winning 300-400K, or 7.5 million (or at least moving up to somewhere more than 400K). I'd be looking to get as much information as possible. Don't pro's typically probe for their marks to start yapping so they can determine if their opponent wants a call or not? I don't see them criticised for that.

[ QUOTE ]
2. His chips were clearly visible. If she decides not to trust his number, she can estimate for herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fairly new player to the game. In addition, because of the Internet era, a lot of players have difficulty counting chip stacks because they're used to seeing it displayed on screen for them without any hassle.

Pro's who play in multiple 10K buy-in events throughout a year might not have any trouble counting down their opponents stacks. But a new player to the game, or even an experienced player who isn't used to having to count down hundreds of thousands in chips might have some difficulty.

[ QUOTE ]
3. While possibly not an exact count (kind of doubt that because I think Greg said he keeps a tight handle on his stack size--though she probably doesn't know this), it should have been close enough for TW to make a decision. If it's only 1.27 million, does this change her decision? Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

She might not know this. But even if she did, Greg is not infallible and could have made a mistake. If I'm playing for a significant portion of my own chip stack, I'd want to get an accurate count as well.