View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Too Unlucky For Poker?

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> So I figured my best move is to wait until I have a premium hand before getting involved. </font>

Well, see what happens when you post a first example? It quickly becomes obvious that you're not just unlucky, but you don't play all that well. Against the type of players you describe, you don't NEED to wait for a premium hand in order to bust them (as long as you play well after the flop). In fact, waiting for a premium hand is poor strategy here.

Also, did you even realize you still had outs before you walked away from your hand?

No offense dude, but you're a bad player. Yeah, you might be unlucky too, but having no understanding of the game is your biggest problem. Work on that and get back to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must disagree. Absolutely every book, article, and forum I have read, advocate no bluffing or risking a large amount of chips with weak hands when playing against a bunch of calling stations. Now, if all of these books, articles, and forums are wrong, why does everyone reccommend reading them?

I might actually be a bad player as you say. But I know that a large majority of the time I get my chips in with the best hand and a majority of the time I end up losing. I also know that in that situation I'm not going to make a lot of plays with mediocre (at best) hands with 7 or 8 players seeing every flop. If that's wrong, I'd like to see the documentaion on it.