View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: 24 hours in London England

[ QUOTE ]
Well? What did you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took some of everyones suggestions. I slept in a bit then went to South Kensington via the underground. Getting there was an adventure in itself as the underground is not the most simple thing to figure out.

Then I went to the Natural History Museum which was really good, I spent a couple hours in there and then walked through Hyde Park. I was pretty hungry so I went in search of food and couldnt really find anything until I was all the up to Marble Arch where I had a fine and exotic dining experience at some place you brits call "Pizza Hut".

After that I walked all over the place deciding not to look at the map book i bought and ended up shopping along the oxford circus/piccadilly circus area. I couldnt find the Arsenal shirt I wanted anywhere but I got some decent souvenier type stuff.

Apparently in London it's Christmas already.

So now I am wanting to heed skipper bobs advice and find a pub (fireplace optional). Where is good to go out on a monday night? I am 20 btw if that makes some difference, also I am back at paddington (I took a double decker to get here, that novelty has certaintly not worn off as I sat on the top despite not really knowing when my stop was.)