Thread: Any cyclists?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Any cyclists?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
would also recommend getting tire liners and tubes that have slime in them

[/ QUOTE ]

Im assuming this is some sort of fix a flat type stuff already in the tire?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. Tire liners are also strips of plasic that line the tire (hence the name, heh) that help keep thorns and glass and [censored] from getting to the tube. Any new bike you buy is just going to have regular tubes in them and your potential to flat is high. Nothing sucks worse than standing on the side of the road changing a flat, especially if you are on your way to work.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can even try haggle and if you buy a bike get them to throw in bottles and cages, or cut you a discount on your other purchases.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I read somewhere that it isnt a good idea to haggle at the bike shop because they operate on a pretty thin margin. Any thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work in a bike shop, and yeah, there isnt a high markup, and haggling on the price of a bike wont usually get you anywhere, but you can get them to throw something cheap (like water bottles) in for free sometimes. And also any decent shop should give you some kind of discount (usually 10%) on your other purchases if you are buying a bike. One option thats availbe some places if you ask is that if you pay for the bike in cash they will knock off the 2% free they have to pay for you using a credit card