View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Dealer keeps showing people my cards

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I found something that would tilt the potentially strongest player at the table, I'd do it in a second if it were legal.

I understand the reasoning behind the original rule... but the simple fact of the matter is that it is still a rule and the reasoning behind wanting to see someone's cards is immaterial. If the floor wants to make it seem like the rule is ONLY for cheating, I will simply say "something doesnt seem right about his play".

Bonus points, because that will tilt half the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule is that you have the "privilege" to see a called hand at showdown. Operative word is privilege. Most of the rule books I have seen are worded this way and that privilege may be revoked for abuse.

My favorite story regarding this was pulled off by a friend of mine who executed the greatest slowroll ever. An old man was asking to see every hand at the river. After asking to see my friend's hand multiple times he was fed up with this guy.

A hand came up where he made the nuts on the river and just smooth called the old mans bet. The old man showed his hand and my friend declared "nice hand" and placed his cards face down in front of him. The dealer began swiping them in when sure enough true to form the old man said "I want to see that hand" Blam over comes the nuts, the pot gets reawarded, old man freaks out, and never asks to see a hand again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're friend is my hero. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But seriously - if it bothers people, its an advantage for me. I dont care if someone wants to see my mucked cards. I can count on my fingers the number of times that I havent showed them. But any advantage I can get is great. Its the same thing with someone like Matasow (sp?) talking so much crap... it bothers people... and takes them off their game.

I just cant talk smack like he can.