Thread: Live Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Live Hand

[ QUOTE ]
This line looks fine. PF is standard against this lineup. This looks like you are behind a boat or flush a lot. Judging by his exited 3-bet I'd say boat is more likely. A small overpair to the board is virtually never good. Do you fold to the 3-bet with the Td?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would 3-bet the flop with the Td, but if for some reason I didn't, I guess I should fold the turn still since I would still have the same number of outs against his perceived range (99 or big overpair with diamond). However this would leave a lot less room for error with my read, so maybe it would deserve some extra contemplation.

Something I didn't really think about until after the hand was the prospect of calling the turn just to improve. I'm getting 16 to 1 after his 3-bet and I'm pretty sure I will get 4 bets out of him if he has 99, especially if the Td hits. This isn't quite enough but throw in that I actually have 4 outs when facing a made flush (which seems quite plausible) and it gets a lot closer. This also raises the possibility of just calling the turn since I don't really want to raise and fold to a 3-bet but it's too expensive to raise and call one down.