View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and to all of you who posted that this change was no big deal, or such a small thing that it shouldn't matter, please remind me of this fact the next time we meet in person. I'd like to take your wallet, remove $500, and then return it, and see if it's still a minor issue not worth talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is truly an awful analogy.

I really don't see how this is that big of a deal, whoever is running is doing this as a freeroll so they are well withing their rights to tinker with it. Especially considering what they are doing is so minor. This is a non-issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, how about THIS analogy:

Willy Wonka's chocolate factory is opening its doors to 5 lucky children! All you have to do is find one of the five golden tickets. No one else has been in the factory for years. You are promised a lifetime supply of chocolate if you can eat the most chocolate bars at the factory. Essentially, going in, you have 1/5 of a lifetime supply of chocolate.

However, Willy Wonka realizes there are a few gluttons out there who, thanks to participating in 1/4 of the total Wonka sales, are invited to the factory regardless of whether or not they find a ticket. Your equity, along with decreasing, now has some very tough competitors and your chances of winning are VASTLY decreased. Would you have tried to get the golden ticket knowing that you would have to beat the best in the world? Maybe not as much.