View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: What\'s With This DERB?

[ QUOTE ]
I've probably played against DERB but I am not a PT nit so I can't analyze it. However, the answer seems obvious anyway. DERB is probably a winning player because he makes up for his mistakes with additional action he gets. However the fact that he seems to be the BIGGEST winner is probably due to variance as opposed to skill. Also, it is more likely that he stumbled upon a profitable strategy than that he conciously constructed some new and innovative approach to holdem. I agree with the people who say there is more than one way to win at limit holdem. I also agree that he makes plays that have no justification even as part of a metagame strategy. Therefore the obvious conclusion is that he is a small winner who has been lucky. He doesn't have to be the biggest winner ever or the luckiest player in history. There is middle ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glenn, please do not try to bring logic and reason into these discussions. He is either the greatest player ever with a revolutionary new style or a cheater.