View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Most Common Poker Mistakes

good question on the AK missing...

i think the answer depends on position, texture of flop, most importantly the type of opponents you are playing with and the number of players who saw flop.

against 3 calling stations who probably hit on J93 (two suited) flop, then check.

i know harrington loves the continuation bet, but that's no-limit against pretty much very good players. harrington's book seems to think 3 callers (other than you) on flop is loose. where most of us play, i'd say that's tight or typical.

but i've been wrestling with the exact same issue... and wondering when people like to fold. when bet doubles on turn or on river when there are no more cards... my experience is that there has to be alot of danger on board for a low limit passive game NOT to go to showdown.

miller SSHE has alot of stuff on this. although even he i think assumes some fold equity which i just don't see in low limit passive.

BTW, ace-low kicker offsuit seems like the biggest bad play by fish... saw a woman beside me though (i could see her cards and i was out of hand) spend 45 seconds deciding whether to call her pocket 8's against 3 caller on river with AKJxx board. i mean, come on!!! only time in my life i wanted to give advice during a hand.