View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(who would begrudge Doyle and Johnny the chance to be in TOC after getting their 10th bracelets).

[/ QUOTE ]

No one would; in fact, no one should complain if they gave passes to dozens of "name" players...

...if they advertised it as such IN ADVANCE, which is Daniel's main point, and he is 100% correct.

Do whatever ... but stick to what you initially advertise. Don't say X and then make it Y.

People are looking for ulterior motives from him saying this when his reason for saying this should be 100% transparent: in this day and age where people do not do as they say they are going to do, he would like people to stand by their word.

He should be commended for making a stand for what is right.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

In addition, some people have asked what the big deal is about the players losing $500 in equity. Well, the $500 isn't that big of a deal, true, BUT...

...the three late entrants are bound to win chips from the other players and quite probably knock a couple of players out. Is that fair? I know if I made the TOC (which I never would in a million years), I'd be a bit peeved if someone who didn't actually qualify knocked me out of the tournament.

As to the comment that Negreanu should start his own tour or something if he's unhappy with the WSOP, well that's unrealistic. He may have some gripes, but that would be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Bottom line: don't make rules if you don't intend to live by them.