View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: still trying to understand nuances of game

Almost half of the deck is going to be scary on the turn (and even an ace isn't entirely safe, though at the very least it would give you a nice redraw), and you could already be behind on the flop. You aren't really in a position to protect your hand, unless SB 3-bets, and if he does that, he could be fastplaying something big that you're drawing against. Hopefully you're ahead and your opponents are sharing some outs, but I think waiting for the turn is okay here.

The turn card isn't one of the blanks you were hoping for. The fact that SB bet again, into such a scary board, is not comforting, but maybe he just has something along the lines of KQ, KJ, or KT. Or, if he has JT, you could at least still have a lot of outs. I think just calling again is best. If you raise, SB might worry about AK and now just call even if he has a straight, but I don't think we can count on that. And I'd prefer not to charge myself extra to draw, with my sketchy outs. (Even a king could just give me a chop.)

On the river, I think your hand is worth a call, despite SB's continued interest.

This is one of those hands that isn't very satisfying to play, but I think you did all right.