View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Stars $500k hand w/TP against another big stack

Both folding and calling are reasonable plays.. his AK all-in was really taking the safe route.. against one player i'm not too afraid of a 2-flush board, I usually like to make as much money off my opponent as possible, in case he decides to fold to a big bet.. Villain opted to just plug it, with TPTK, safe play I guess

Your call wasn't bad all things considered, anytime you're getting over 2:1 it is a tough one to lay down wih 3 conceivable hands that are beating you (AJ, AQ,AK) and maybe one less probable hand (77)

I do say that I see people semibluff all-in with a flush draw all the time at my limits, so that's a possibility

What I factor into folding is simple: He knows there's an ace on the flop, and he knows that a pf raise in MP could be an A-x combo.. any person at this point thinking logically I don't think can have <A-9 calling a PF raise (even if aggro) and then going all-in nearing the bubble.. also crucial time in tournament, people make "safer" decisions nearing the bubble and probably won't risk their stack on something that isn't too strong.